Seasonal Energy Assistance Available

Oconto Falls Municipal Utilities reminds customers in need that resources are available to help them and their families stay safe during the winter.

Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program

Oconto Falls Municipal Utilities participates in the Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP), which is funded through the federal Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and Public Benefits Energy Assistance Program. WHEAP assists individuals and families that need help paying residential heat and electric bills during the winter months.

In addition to regular heating and electric assistance, specialized services include emergency fuel assistance, counseling for energy conservation and energy budgets, targeted outreach services, and emergency furnace repair and replacement.

Services are provided locally through county social services offices. Applications are accepted Oct. 1 - May 15 each year. For more information, call Oconto County Energy Assistance at (920) 834-7000.

Wisconsin Weatherization Assistance Program

The Wisconsin Weatherization Assistance Program (WisWAP) provides services to help low-income homeowners and renters reduce energy use and lower utility bills. Services are administered by local Community Action Agencies and nonprofit organizations. For more information, visit http://homeenergyplus.wi.gov or call 1-866-432-8947 (toll free).

Wisconsin Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program

This program is new this year and provides financial assistance to low-income households to restore disconnected water services and to pay arrears preventing disconnection of water service. For more information, visit wisconsinwater.help or call 1-833-426-9472.

Wisconsin Help for Homeowner Assistance Fund

This program is new this year and provides financial assistance to low-income households to help with mortgage delinquencies, defaults, foreclosures, loss of utilities or home energy services, and displacement. For more information, call 1-833-426-9472.

Wisconsin Rural Housing

Wisconsin Rural Housing provides assistance for housing deposits, mortgage assistance, rental assistance, utility assistance and property tax assistance. For more information, visit wisconsinruralhousing.org, or call (608) 238-3448 or (888) 400-5974.

Other agencies that customers may receive assistance from are:

St. Vincent de Paul - (920) 604-2320                                               Salvation Army (920) 887-5352

If you have received a disconnection notice from us, we encourage you to contact these agencies for help.

If you have any questions, please contact our office at (920) 846-4507.